We all get the blahs sometimes, right? Or is it just me?
It’s too cold, too hot, we’re sleepy, we’re distracted. We may have all the time in the world, but can’t get motivated. Or we get so motivated so fast that we burn out, oh, right around naptime – 2:00 p.m. or thereabouts. Right?
How do you move beyond that?
I think that if I had those answers, I wouldn’t be sitting here pounding out a nonsensical blog post instead of getting back to The Book – in my case, REUSED. But, for what it’s worth, here are a few suggestions:
1. Write a blog post. Hey, at least it’s writing!
2. Review someone else’s book. Again, you’re writing.
3. Do some marketing.
4. Check sales figures. Of course, if they’re down, you’re not going to get motivated….
5. Read something. Preferably an actual book but, in a pinch, the cereal box will do nicely.
6. Take a walk or do something physical. Get that blood pumping!
7. Do some chores. Those are pretty mindless, but still need to be done.
8. Take a nap. Maybe just one of those power naps, although I usually need a couple hours, minimum.
9. Check your social media – might be something entertaining there that wasn’t posted a few minutes ago!
10. Just write the damn book, already.
There you go – how to get rid of those blahs!