I’m too tired to write something original this morning, but I came across Carly’s blog and thought, Hey, this might be helpful!
So much work goes into writing your book, getting an agent, getting it published and then…
you wait to see how the public receives it.
You think getting published is the hard part, but the hardest part is getting your book in front of readers. How are you going to make sure readers find your work?
1. In Stores. Book buyers primary spot for scouting out books is in stores.
2. Word of Mouth. Did you know that the most powerful word of mouth is mother to daughter recommendations?
3. Reviews. Make sure you’re curating your reviews, print or online, newspaper or blog. Post them on your website.
4. Free Excerpts. Once readers get a taste for your voice they’re more inclined to take the leap and purchase your book.
5. Bestseller Lists. Bestsellers fuel more bestsellers. Some book buyers read only the ‘top’…
View original post 49 more words